Thursday, January 14, 2010

Granny Car Meets a Tree





Well This isn't something to be proud of, but the kids thought I should post it. The first week in December it snowed nice and pretty. I was driving the granny car and turned the corner and the car kept turning right into a tree. I knew I was going to hit the tree and there was nothing I could do, so I put my hood on my head and braced for the impact, by leaning over the passengers side, only to see some people totally watching the whole thing.

Glass shattered everywhere, I get the car to move from the tree and drive home and those people totally wave at me as I pass them by! So I go home, call Brett, trying to be calm and cool on the phone. He kept repeating, "What do you mean you wrecked?" Then it was, "How bad is the damage!" Well the girlie hormones kicked in and I snapped "I'm Fine Thanks!" I guess he said to his co-workers, never ask how bad the damage is before making sure your wife is okay first!"

Josh came home from school and I suppose his Dad told him to ask how I was, but he came up to me and gave me a hug (which never really happens very randomly) and asked if I was okay? I cried, (we girls tend to have over-reactive waterworks) but it made me feel better.

After seeing the damage, everyone wanted to know why I didn't wreck the car better so we could get a new car. Well I just can't seem to win!!!--Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment