Thursday, March 18, 2010

Catch up later

Hello Everyone!!! So much to tell so little time. It has actually been a wonderful week since the return of our Brenden. The next day after his return, we whisked him off to Idaho Falls to go and see our sweet Grandma. He and Brett gave her a blessing of comfort. He spent some tender alone time with his Grandma. Brenden spoke on Sunday and we found out after Sacrament meeting that Grandma passed from this earth at 12:45 (15 minutes before our sacrament started) I guess that gave her time to hug and reunion and listen to Brenden. At one point in his talk, Brenden spoke of how "Angels stand with us and surround us right now." We had no idea the family who surrounded us. Having the family around us and having a reunion gave me comfort in the reunion our Grandma was having at the same time!!! She is and will always be an inspiration to me. I loved her laughter. She was an amazing woman who endured through many hardships, and prevailed! Well Done Thou Good and Faithful Servant Laura Warner Ball!

Then our family had another sorrow placed upon us. Sheesh the missionary returns and everything goes amiss. Our sweet dog Akayla left this earth also. We had her for 10 years and her back legs just didn't work. She just couldn't get those 2 front legs buff enough to hold her up. It was so hard and sad, because she has been such a blessed part of our family. I hope she and Grandma are running together!!!!

Brett and I have had a trip planned for Washington DC for a long time now, and I'm going to miss the funeral of my Grandma. Talk about hard. But I'm thankful I was able to say goodbye and give her one last kiss on this earth. I don't have any pics up because I just haven't had time. It's been a joyous and heartbreaking week.

No comments:

Post a Comment