Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Elder Brenden Hatfield "21"

Well today is the actual birthday of our Elder Hatfield!! It was fun to actually get to visit on-line for a bit on his actual birthday, but it wasn't without trial. I knew this day was going to be weird when I noticed I put my shirt on backwards. ha ha. It was only my exercise clothes, but perhaps not a good sign. So I do the usual get on the computer to write my son, and push send, it's not sending!! Panicking I try the other computer, "aaagh are you kidding?" "Not today, not his birthday". So I call Brett his computer internet is working great, so I head over to his business. Half way there, Brett wants me to get him something, so turn around go home almost home, Brett calls again. Hurry, He's on-line. "No way!!", so I go home grab what I think I need, go to the shop all scary looking (still have my morning do!!) and get to the computer. Whew made it. Apparently, I grabbed the wrong item for Brett, but I was thankful I got in a Happy Birthday to my boy!!! I had to laugh because Brett wrote to Brenden, "Your Mom's internet isn't working, so you better write as soon as you hear from her because she's all stressed!!" Yep, that's right, ain't nobody or nothing getting in the way to talk to my boy!!! ha ha ha. In case you haven't heard or been counting "50 days left" wah hoooooooo!!!!! (it's a Mom thing!!)

Howdy everyone!! How are you doing? THANKS SO MUCH!!!! For the amazing package and gifts. I love it and those messages that you left are awesome. IT was an amazing boost. I was on top of the world. Well this week was a great week. THe Lord has continued to bless us everyday with little miracles. WE are seeing great success. THis sunday a lady walked into church. Her name is Anna Maria. She has a boyfriend who is a member and she promised him that she would come to church. But get this, this is amazing how the Lord works. Last transfer, I was with Elder Alvarado. He and I were biking around late at night, around 8 pm making our way back to our apartment and contacting as many people as possible. I get the impression, lets go to the church. I don't know why, but we just went and it wasn't like we had anything that we needed to do at church but we went. Elder Alvarado used the restroom and I started practicing the piano waiting for him. Well he comes running in to the room and says, there is someone here. We go outside and start talking to this lady. This is all in spanish, and she says that she is wanting to meet with the pastor and wants to know the times that we meet. She said that her name is Anna Maria. Well, we said ok and wrote down that she needs to be here at 10 am. We thought nothing of it, but the new year came and the english ward starts at 10 now. She shows up, it is the same lady because I recognized her and she speaks perfect english. So she became a new investigator. It was such an amazing blessing. I am so grateful that I listened to the Spirit. IT gets even better too. She in our Gospel Principles class as we were having an open discussion addressed the concerns of our other investigator Robert who is quite pessimistic. It was awesome to see how he went from trying to arguing to you are right and was confounded. I loved it, she is solid and the Relief Society pounced on her and she is coming to enrichment this thursday.
ANyway, we have also been blessed to get a new investigator. She is Timothy Sookrams girlfriend. She is awesome and loves the Church so much. She has seen such an amazing change come over Timothy and she knows that it is the true chruch. The Lord is blessing us so much.
Oh yeah, the ward I am in is awesome. Last night, as well as every monday night the emptynesters and single adults meet together for a FHE. WEll last night they threw me a surprise B-DAY party!!! it was so awesome, I wasn;t expecting it at all. I went outside to carry some bags of clothes that they are sending to Haiti right now and when I came back in everyone started singing happy birthday and the cake was lit and everything. I am pretty sure that I turned all sorts of shades of red, as they sang in english a few different versions, and spanish and portuguese. It was really fun. This ward is so amazing. I love it.
Well the work is going really well here, thank you so much for your prayers and support. I love you so much ,have a wonderful day. I am.

Love

Elder Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment