





What a wonderful gift we all received this day!! I flew to SLC to attend this MM luncheon with so many wonderful sisters whose sons or daughters are serving our Heavenly Father. Debbie, set this all up, we brought pics of our missionaries, and placed a pin on the map of where our child was serving. It was so awesome, it was like long lost friends. About the Cape thing, well if you're not a MM then you wouldn't understand, because my kids think we're weird! But if you are a MM then you understand!! LOL The following is what I wrote on my blackberry, but when I sent it, it came out in a different language if you will. Reading in Tongues isn't so easy, so I re-sent it.
Thanks so much for the incredible memorable day. I'm sitting at the airport feeling uplifted and blessed for this opportunity. I cant' help but imagine us caped mothers thru the eternities!!! How blessed are we to share together thoughts and feelings that our sons and daughters will never understand, until they experience sending their loved one away!!! I loved the part when there is much chattering and enthusiasm then quiet and sniffles. (loved that letter!) Thanks again to all of you amazing MMs.
About that letter, from my missionary. Debbie told us about a special guest, and we all received a handful of quotes/poems and in and amongst it was a letter from our missionary, all you had to do was see the return address and the room became quiet, and tears started to form. What better place than with a bunch of moms who understand, as we read our letters. Beth's letter was funny, as she shared of her son who said he had another surprise for her to turn around. Of course, he wasn't there, but the fact that she actually turned around!! LOL She totally cracks me up.
It was a boost for me! My family can't figure us out, but who cares. It was an amazing day!!
What a fun idea. I love the capes. Also...your hair is getting long
ReplyDelete