Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baseball Fever Gets there Just in Time


this past Saturday Josh and I were headed down to the shop to do a little hitting and when we got to the shop there was a lot of smoke coming out of the old building. I tried to get in the front door but the door handle wouldn't work so I ran to the new shop and the door handle on that building wouldn't work so I ran around to the front door got in and ran back to the maintenance room grabbed the garage door opener and opened the big rollup door in the old building ran inside to find a pickup truck stuck half way in the building. So I ran and turned off all the power and then ran around the building to talk to the guy that I saw standing out by the corner of the building on his cell phone. The guy I found out there was a kid from Mtn View High School he's Josh's age plays lacrosse, he fell asleep at the wheel veered off the road ran over a fire hydrant side swiped one of our big pine trees tearing off some big branches and then cutting the other big pine tree off at the ground and carrying it inside the building where it slammed into the moulder before coming to a stop. Now mind you the moulder weights about 8000lbs and he moved it about 4 feet before the truck came to a stop. The kid is ok, it did not deploy the air bags and all the smoke was from the tires spinning on the rocks from the kid trying to get the vehicle out of the building. We got the mess cleaned up and ply wood put over the hole and the machine set back in place, I will level it this morning and we will try running moulding through it, hopefully nothing major is bent on the machine.--Brett

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That had to be a sight. Good job on keeping a cool head and turning of the power.

    ps. Like the pic

    ReplyDelete